Sunday, November 14, 2010

Home Sweet Home

So I know it has been forever since I posted. There is no reason except that I am buzy and blissfully happy!

So here is my version of the pick-up till homecoming. This will be a long post!

I couldn't sleep the night before we were given custody of Abeni. I was so nervous and excited and scared. I was also heartbroken for what our baby girl and her foster family were going to be experiencing. So finally at 6:15 I decided laying in bed was not helpful and convinced Michael to get up and "get ready." Only problem was I had insisted on getting everything ready the night before so we had 4 hours to just sit and wait. SOOOOO we checked our emial, twice. Then at 8 we decided to go upstairs and rock the babies in the nursery. That was both wondeful and hard. Holding the sweet baby girls and boys in my arms and comforting them was wonderful but it was hard to hear babies crying and know that we couldn't comfort them all. There were "over 80" babies in the nursery. They were between 0-3 months old. The babies we held and rocked were darling! I prayed and prayed that they would have a family soon. The ladies asked how long we could stay and we told them that we had to get our baby at 10 so they said "you can stay till 10?" Sure! So they kept bringing up babies to rock feed and love on. Finally with about 10 minutes to spare we handed the babies back over. They asked us the name of our baby and remembered her! They wished us luck and we headed upstairs to get our things. When we got downstairs we met Mrs. Shin she had the driver load our stuff into the van and then Abeni and her foster mother came in. Abeni looked adorable and smiled when she saw us. Things were happening so quickly! Then Dr. Kim came into the room and she prayed over Abeni. I ran back upstairs to get the letter and flowers we had prepared for the Foster Mother. While I was gone Michael spoke with the Foster Father on the phone. We told him that we are two families that are one because of one amazing little girl. Then all at once Mrs. Shin was walking us to the door. The van was waiting out front. Abeni's
Foster Mother, Michael and I all began to cry and then SooYeon's foster mother kissed her and held her one more time and then she placed her in my arms. We hugged and I was ushered into the van. Then we were gone. I couldn't even process what was happening. Abeni did very well with the hand off. She fussed a little about 5 minutes into the drive but I was able to comfort her. I held her in my arms and whispered over and over that I loved her. Soon we were at the Army Post and we went to go get on the van that would take us to the Air Force Base to catch a flight home. Abeni fell asleep on the bus ride to the Air Force Base. I was so happy to see our friend Amber when we arrived. She somehow fit all of our bags in the back of her car and we headed to her house. Abeni still did well. She only wanted me to hold her and wasn't eating well but she did share a few sweet smiles and even a giggle. We went to the Air Force Base the next morning at 5 am to try to get on a flight to Seattle. Because it is standby we didn't make it that first flight so we spent two more days in Korea just loving on our girl and learning all the cute little things she does. We made it on the Thursday flight. We arrived home on Tursday evening Utah time it was so good to see our boys. There was a quick hello at the airport and then we were headed home. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to hold my three kids, kiss my three kids, and have all of them asleep in our home. Ok this post is long enough I will attach a picture because that is what you are all here for :) and say good night. I'll add more pics and details later.



Abeni at the US Military AirPort



Sweet girl after her bath

9 comments:

  1. So ecstatically happy for all of you! Love reading your posts and seeing the beautiful pictures of Abeni.

    Beth Alsobrook

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful! I am so happy that you have her and that she has you! It is great that your family is finally all together...what a wonderful feeling!

    Katherine Wies

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to see this post!! Glad you are all home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ari Iam so happy for you and everytime I read your post the tears start to come She looks so happy and I can hear Miles telling everybody how you got her. I love you guys and cant wait to be closer to all of you and see her and the boys again. Give her a big love from me and the boy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay... I cannot believe all the smiles you are getting!!! That is wonderful. She is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry that I'm so late to comment on your post! For some reason I don't have your private blog on my updates, so I wasn't catching your posts. Oh my GOODNESS, WELCOME HOME!! It sounds like you all our doing tremendously well. I hope the transition is going well and I can't wait to read your next update. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No post for so long. Are you all doing well? I hope the adjustment is going smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I was just checkin in to see about your exquisite daughter, and any updates! I'm so happy she is home this Christmas! I know you are enjoying her so very much.
    Again, congrats!!!!
    ~Elfkin

    ReplyDelete