Tuesday, November 2, 2010

PICTURES!!!




                                            We met Abeni! She is perfect! She is also so tiny.

The day went like this . I woke up and got out of bed at 5 I just couldn't sleep anymore. I went downstairs and tried to stay quiet while I waited for Michael to wake up. He finally woke up about 7 we were completely ready to go by 8. All dressed up and no where to go. It was funny. So we waiting and talked and obsessed over gifts ect. Then we finally couldn't handle it anymore. We headed downstairs about 10:40and who should be waiting at the botom of the elevator but our friend In Sook. I was so happy to see her. We all three headed downstairs to see the Social Worker. Imagine her shock when we walked in with a Korean woman and introduced her as our Nuna. We filled out the paperwork we needed to bring abeni home and delivered the care packages we had with us. We talked for a bit about Abeni and then we went to the meeting room. Abeni's foster mother was a little late because she had to get her son off to school before she could come but about 10:15 there was a knock at the door in walked Abeni. She was breathtaking. I wanted to reach out and grab her but she wanted nothing to do with me! She loves her Foster Mother and doesn't like strangers. I did get a few smiles and got to touch her sweet skin and hair. She loves making noise with her toys and being held. She is also quite happy to play on her tummy. She is tiny. I can't beleive how little she is. I did decide I just had to hold her so right at the end of the meeting I picked her up she cried loudly in dissaproval. EEK it may be a rough transition. Having In Sook there was so nice she was able to convince the socail worker and the foster mother that it would be a good idea to go let us take the foster mother out to lunch so I got to spend a few extra minutes staring at my daughter. She fell asleep at lunch and it was so sweet to see her interacting with her foster mom. We don't get to see her agian untill Friday and then we get her for good Monday at 10:00. Abeni is her foster mothers first foster child and I am really nervous for pick up. She told us that she has been very worried about Abeni leaving and it makes her happy to meet us and know that we will love her. She came to be a foster mother after being a volunteer in the Nursery here at Eastern. Her family was not happy that she was brining home a baby but after they met Abeni they came around to the idea. I love that she was held and loved by her foster mother before she was taken home with her. Her foster mother said that she always had to be extra careful with her because she is so small. I am so happy that we are finally here. She is real and perfect. I can't wait to see her again!

14 comments:

  1. I'm up at 4:00 am and the first thing I did was check your blog!!! SHE IS DARLING! I can't believe you have all week without meeting her again, and then you don't get her until MONDAY??? When are you leaving???

    I'll e-mail you. At least you got smiles. I'm not sure we got any at the first visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Mrs. Shin and FM were also very surprised to hear LuckyDaddy speaking Korean!

    I can't get over how adorable Abeni is. Was she wearing a hat? Her hair isn't sticking up as much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO HAPPY FOR YOU... She is darling. Glad you all made it safely to Korea. Hope your week passes there while you sight see and then Friday comes so you can see her again!

    Tracy (apromisedson)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracie, she was wearing a hat when she came to the meeting. The more we played with her them more it started going up. Ari will post a pic with her hair and hat probably tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so beautiful. Love it. Our meetings were terrible - non stop tears (seriously) by Lauren but at hand off she seemed to just know that she was now our daughter. Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful you got to go to lunch with them. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so beautiful!!

    Your meeting sounds very much like our first with Briar; she cried if we got within 5 feet of her and at the end I held her with MUCH protest! However, don't count on a hard transition because of that! Briar cried loud and hard for about 2 hours after we got her and has pretty much been smiling ever since. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--she is so adorable! So glad you got to go to lunch and spend some extra time with your precious little one and her FM. Sounds like she's being so well loved--hang in there---the more meetings, the more comfortable she'll get with you! She looks so different from her pics--even cuter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is PRECIOUS! Oh how did you stand not lovin' on her THE WHOLE HOUR! She is TOO CUTE! I'll be praying for your transition - it might go better than you think. Praying for FM and all of you.

    GREAT PICS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first meeting at Eastern is not an indicator of things to come. (I met Aspen in the same room. I recognized it right away.) The next meeting will go better and then it just gets better and better. Will your next meeting be at Eastern as well?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just cried to see Michael and Abeni in THE SAME PICTURE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the picture with her staring at Mike, just trying to take him all in. Happy tears here!

    Beth Alsobrook

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendy and Eric Baierl - We are SO happy for you guys. No one deserves it more than the two of you. I remember when we got to bring Chris home and how wonderful it felt. I can only imagine bringing home a baby girl from Korea makes it that much more wonderful. I only hope that we get as lucky and get to bring home a girl on our next child. Y'all be safe and enjoy the time over the pond!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!!
    She is beautiful;) This is Shannon Slayton followed over here from FB;)
    Praying for a safe journey home for your family!!!

    ReplyDelete