Sunday, November 7, 2010

NICU party (Ari's version)

I held my baby! Her Foster Mother just put her right in my lap. TWICE! I played with her and made her giggle. She sat on my lap for five minutes and didn't even fuss. It was the most wonderful feeling. I felt the way I feel when I hold my boys; that intense, strong, unexplainable mother love. Oh I can't wait to hold her again. Monday can't come soon enough and at the same time the hours are speeding by. I honestly feel so much love for Abeni's foster family and I am so sad that they are and will be hurting for the next little while. Her Foster Father is a gentle and responsive man who seemed to see the needs of his wife and children and meet them quickly. Her brother is funny. :) I will never forget the care and love they have provided to our daughter. We are one family in two countries.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh... I am just "feeling" it all for you. Really, so amazing and wonderful and emotional and all of that.

    I can hardly express myself. I just was thinking that by the time we go to bed tonight, you'll have Abeni in your arms forever.

    ReplyDelete