Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hospital Visit

We asked at the first visit with Mrs. Shin if she had Abeni's foot prints or possibly and earlier picture than four months she told us she didn't. That was sad I really wanted to be able to show Abeni what she looked like when she was newborn. We also asked if we could go to the hospital were she was born and meet the intake socail worker. She said that she would set up a meeting and she did for this afternoon. When we got there the intake worker was so unsure what we wanted from her. I told her we were just trying to give Abeni as much as her past as possible. We asked if the hospital had a record of her footprits or possible a first phot. She told us She again said no not really. Well all the sudden In Sook dissapeared we continued to talk to the social worker and we did find out that when they named her they choose her name because they wanted her to be strong and pretty. So sweet! Well In Sook came back and there was lots of really fast korean speaking going on. Michael only caught about half of it but he said that In Sook had found out that if the Agency faxed over an ok letter we could get Abeni's footprints. WOW! Go In Sook. About 20 minutes later we had our baby girls footprints. We are so grateful. Also on the footprints are her Birth Mothers Tumb prints what a blessing. I started to get ready to leave but In Sook did it again and this time she came back with the Woman in charge of the NICU. She said we could go up and see the NICU and the Maternity Ward after all. They even let us go in and take pics. And get this..... They are having a party on Saturday for NICU graduates and they wanted us to come with SooYeon and her Foster Family. We had to ask permission and if the Foster Family has time we are all going to go together. How wonderful to meet the nurses who cared for her when she was very young. It warms my heart. So In Sook's gentle (ish) prodding has given my baby more of her history then I ever could have gotten. I am sitting here crying just thinking about how grateful I am for her.

Also I just had to show everyone this adorable little Doll I found today for Abeni. I will go back and pick more up if anyone wants some. They have bigger dolls and smaller dolls and boy dolls and girl dolls  and they arejust too cute!

10 comments:

  1. Yea! for In Sook!!! That's awesome. And if you do end up getting to go to the NICU reunion... wow. That will be a priceless experience for Abeni to hear about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ari---1st, what an incredible story! You have more 'pieces of the puzzle' for Abeni's beginning of life--awesome! So happy you get to go back and possibly with Abeni on Saturday!
    Are the dolls expensive? We'd like a girl doll and a boy doll if possible--if they aren't too $$--and I'll pay you for all plus shipping it to us after you get home...if too much trouble, no worries. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend the dolls are at a boutique but not too expensive the biggest one which is way to big for my girls and about the size of a one year old are $38 the others are cheaper then that. I will grab you a boy and a girl doll. The first store we went to didn't have the knitted doll I wanted so we are going to go to another store soon. It would be no problem to pick more dolls up since we are already going. :) About how big of a doll do you want? They have rattle dolls, squeeky dolls, dolls that are just dolls, pillow dolls, backpack dolls, even dolls to hold a bottle or sippy cup, they are all just so cute. :) The doll I got has a little rattle in her head and was only $6. So not cheap but about what you would pay in US.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI FRIEND! ;)
    Just a small one--she's one, so not too big for her, but not too tiny--one that she won't outgrow too soon! ;) $6--that's a great price---nothing more than 10 each please (this mamma's gotta have a budget!) ;) Thank you so much--LOVE following your blog! :) Stay safe! I'll send you a message on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how amazing that you visited the hospital and even got the foot and thumb print. That is going to be so special to her when she is older. Im loving following your journey. If you have a chance I'd love a small boy doll for Marius. Any that you think are cute and would be suitable. Loved the one you posted. I didnt think about that while we were in Korea:( (and I was not prepared after 6 week referral to TC). I can forward the money for it and shipping. Dont worry if you dont get a chance. Keep enjoying Seoul and keep blogging. Im excited for your next meeting with Sweet Abeni. You are in my thought. Take Care Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ar Bear! We'd love a little doll for our little girl. She's a month younger than Abeni, so the six dollar variety would be great. Also, she loves things that make noise when she shakes them! And of course I'll pay you for the doll and shipping when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So girls there was a problem getting back to get a doll. It really is too bad. I think I will make one for Abeni when I get home. I'm really sorry. Ari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry about the dolls, my friend! Enjoy your time in Seoul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for you that you have In Sook to help you get all the information. That will be priceless to you all.

    The doll is so cute. I will have to look for some for Emi while there in Feb.

    Tracy (apromisedson)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a gift to have those foot prints. We wanted to also visit the hospital but told no. : ( So happy you got to go and for such a wonderful friend you have that helped obtain this wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete